Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Photo Editing HACK that you need to know!

I have stumbled upon something AWESOME that I had to share with you all today.  Lately I have been seeing a lot of images on facebook and instagram where there was text made out of beautiful floral print.  How did they do that?  I had to find out.  I was hoping to find a free app or program and was used for this because well- free is always better when blogging.

{See the rainbow colors behind the words "Brand Rep Search"?  That's a floral photo popping through!  I made this for our business Chubby Bunny, Happy Home to post on our instagram page while we search for some models}
 
 


What I found was a tutorial from while she naps (now one of my new favorite blogs!) on how to put ANY image/print behind ANY text in... PICMONKEY!  You may or may not know, but I use PicMonkey for all of my photo editing.  Anything related to photo edits, printables and the like are all done in this free program.  Being a small-time blogger doesn't bring in a "whole lotta" dough so amazing free programs like this are a lifesaver!

{Tried it with a photo of my son too!}


What you need to know:
Her tutorial is so easy to follow but I do want to  remind you to make sure you merge the layers (the white background and the text) before adding your photo.  She says this in her tutorial but I missed it the first time and couldn't figure out what I was doing wrong.  So really, my advice is to actually read the instructions!

Check out the original tutorial HERE




I'm sort of addicted.  I made a few different "BRAND REP SEARCH" photos because I couldn't pick a favorite.  This one has a nature/woods background peeking through.

Note: This search mentioned in the photos above runs until May 16, 2016.  If you are interested in applying your child as a model, head to our instagram page and click on one of those photos for instructions on how to enter.

Your Turn!
Whether you blog, create fun printables for your etsy shop or just like to create some fun designs for yourself (the first photo that made me love this was a "weeks pregnant" belly bump photo) this  tutorial is sure to make your life that much better. I'm thrilled to have found it- thanks while she naps!

Happy Crafting,
Kelsie Ann

1 comment:

  1. I love Picmonkey as well. Canva is another great one. They have great social media templates!

    ReplyDelete