Monday, April 4, 2016

"Make a Difference Monday"- March for Babies

Happy Monday!  Yes, it's possible to have a happy Monday.  Here's a few reasons why Mondays aren't so bad:

1. If you have pizza on Sunday nights like we do, you always have leftover pizza for lunch on Monday.  (If you don't do this, I highly recommend it.)

2. It's nice to get back into routine a little bit.

3. It's a clean slate and fresh start.


I try to look at Monday as a chance to get my week in order, plan out what I want to get accomplished for the week and what my goals are.  I'll be honest, I'm not real great at actually following through.  I'm what some might refer to as a "hot mess".  Anyone else with me?

I really do try to do good though and that's why I've decided to start sharing a "Make a difference Monday" post.  Some weeks will be specific.  I might find a particular cause that could use your support (that's actually how this got started and FYI the young lady (Morgan) won and is getting her own adaptive bike! Here's the facebook post to see what I'm talking about.)  Other weeks it might be vague (example: the old classic, pay for someone's coffee in line behind you.) and some weeks I might just share a piece of encouragement on how to better the lives of those around you.  Most weeks will have an article posted to the blog (like this one) but sometimes it might just be a facebook update.  Follow us on facebook so you don't miss a thing!

{That's Morgan!  Thank you to everyone who helped her win her very own Triaid Bike!  Photo shared with permission.}


If you have ever thought about wanting to do something nice for someone else or "pay it forward" but weren't sure how- I hope this series will help.  You may pick and choose which causes you want to participate in but I encourage you to look through them each week and share with your friends.  Think the "ripple" effect.  We can make a huge difference in the world!

This week I wanted to share a cause that is near and dear to my heart.  The March for Babies.

{Photo via www.marchforbabies.org}


When I was a kid I remember walking in the March for Babies with my mom a few times (she works in the OB unit of a hospital, so naturally she was participating in such a fundraiser!) and I loved it. As an adult, I've made it my mission to not only walk it each year but to raise money that supports programs that help moms have healthy, full-term pregnancies, and to fund research that finds causes and preventions for premature births.

Who doesn't want to help babies have the best chance they could possibly have at a healthy start?  My son was not premature but that doesn't mean this fundraiser isn't near and dear to me.  I'm grateful for my full-term baby and want every mother to experience the new joy of motherhood without worrying about the complications that come with pre-term births.  I also want every baby born to be as happy and healthy as possible because- of course!

{My husband, my son and myself at the 2015 March for Babies walk}


My son has participated in this every year of his life.  Yes, he's only one and a half but he "walked" it in my belly too!  I want him to grow up participating in this every year and to learn about the program so that he can continue to help as he grows up and starts his own family someday.  It would be nice if the program was unnecessary by that point, but we have so much to learn.  That's why your support matters so much!

{See?  He totally participated that year.}


How can you help?
If you are willing and able, please consider donating any amount to the fundraiser.  Consider skipping that cup of specialty coffee and donate $5 or bring leftovers for lunch instead of going out and bump that up to $10.  Every dollar really does matter and every penny goes to March for Babies.


Don't have the extra funds? (I totally understand that.  We're a 1 income household ourselves)  Spread the word!  Share this post or share the link to it from our Facebook page, because really- knowledge is power.  You might be the link between this blog and another person who could help the March for Babies and would have never otherwise donated.  And that my friends, is just as important.

Hope this encouraged you to do something meaningful this week.  Thank you to those who voted for Morgan last week and stay tuned for some inspiration next week! If you have a cause that you would like me to feature, please send me a message on Facebook several weeks prior if possible.  I would love to help spread the word for good causes!

Happy Crafting Helping,
Kelsie Ann



1 comment:

  1. This blog is my go-to for reliable information. I've learned so much from your posts. Thanks for introducing me to this nifty auto clicker. Not only does it save time, but it also minimizes the risk of repetitive strain injuries. A win-win! I hope you also visit my blog and give us a good opinion.

    ReplyDelete