Monday, April 1, 2013

Vintage Wedding Tote Bag

This last week my husband took a group of kids down to Louisiana to build houses for Habitat for Humanity.  He does it every year and I am so proud of him.  This also means that I had a week at home, by myself.  My mom came over to visit and got snowed in for a few days, but other than that I cleaned!  Oh yes, spring cleaning has officially happened, plus spring organizing and spring finally-hanging-those-curtains-we-never-got-around-to-doing.  During my mad-woman cleaning spree I stumbled across an item of mine that is very dear to me- I wonder why I never shared it before:  my wedding tote.  Around two years ago, when I first got engaged, my mother made this tote for me so that I could keep all my binders, folders, papers, etc together in one spot.  It is beautiful...

{I should have emptied it before taking the picture, it is mighty full!}


Isn't that darling?  Our wedding was a rustic/vintage theme, so my mom was spot on with this vintage bride image.  She actually ordered the fabric piece online, cut it down to size and attached it to the bag.

{She knows me so well}


We added a small fabric flower to the corner of the image with a small flower button inside of it.



The border of the image was finished in this beautiful white trim.  Mom liked it because the little loops sort of look like hearts.  Perfect for wedding planning, don't you think?



She finished it off by adding our wedding date to a back pocket.



This adorable tote must have done it's job, because the wedding got planned and now I am married to my best friend.

{I wanted to add her website to the photo so that the picture wasn't taken without credit (please don't do that anyways).  See her website for more awesome photography}


{Your Turn}
Are you like me and just swoon over anything vintage looking? Did you (or someone you know) make something that was cute and helped you plan your wedding, shower or event? I love useful gifts and would love to see what you come up with so please share and comment below.


Happy Crafting,
Kelsie Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment