Thursday, November 8, 2012

5 Christmas Crafts using Fabric (most no-sew!)

Great news ladies and gentlemen: I finally have a job!  Well, a job outside of doggie trainer/housekeeper/cook/blogger that is.  Yes, I added blogging into that- it takes more time than you would think (unless you blog, then you probably WOULD think so)!  To make things even better, I work at the happiest place on earth.  No, no- not the one in Florida, the one for sewers.  Yep, I now work at JoAnn Fabrics.  Now if only I could figure out a way to spend all my time at Hobby Lobby and Michaels too (and get paid for it!)  Now I am just dreaming...

That being said, I have now spent my first day of work surrounded by CUTE fabrics and crafts.  So instead of shopping, I logged onto pinterest to "ooh" and "ahh" all of the neat Christmas ideas.  I figure this way, I am not just buying up fabric for no reason (hey, we've all got bills to pay, right?)... even if I really want to.

Here are a few really cute projects that I found:
*All projects and photographs are NOT my own*

  

{1}


"Embroidered Fabric Christmas Tree" by Better Homes and Gardens

I just LOVE this tree. The colors, the shapes, the buttons; it is beautiful. I bet the same idea could even be
made with fabric glue if you didn't know how (or didn't want to) sew.



{2}


"Ruffle Tree Skirt" by Done Over Decor

Here is another example of a fabric craft than can be made without sewing...(really!) I can't get over how lovely this is and how easy it looks to make. I especially love that she used burlap- so pretty. I will definetly be making this one soon!


{3}


Sparkly Sparkles {Embroidery Hoop Decor} by Whatever

I like this not only because it looks crazy easy and can be in any design you desire, but because they look like ornaments! I might even add a little something to the top to make it look even more like that. I love how simple yet stunning these embroidery hoops are. Plus, what a good use for any scrap fabric!



{4}


"Winter Wonderland Pillow" by Better Homes and Gardens

This craft calls for basic knitting, crocheting and embroidering knowledge to complete- most which I do not possess. However, I thought the type of look could be achieved by using punch embroidery techniques. Not that I know how to do that either, but my mom is getting into it lately, so I bet she would help me! Or, simply make the trees from fabric. I don't think it would be quite as nice, but still probably pretty cute. Anything with buttons on it seems to grab my attention.


{5}


 "How to Make a Fabric Bow {tutorial}" by WhipperBerry

I think this is just fantastic. I LOVE gift wrapping and am always looking for ways to make packaging more unique and personal. Can you believe that bow is made from fabric? Besides the fact that you can make these however you want, they probably look a lot better than those cheap bows from the store. I am really excited to make these- what an awesome idea WhipperBerry!


{Your Turn}
Which fabric idea was your favorite? Do you have a winter craft that you would like to share? I would love to hear what you are up to and what you think of these ideas. Don't forget to check out these bloggers for even more ADORABLE craft ideas!

Did you see my post on how to make Personalized Dollar Store Gloves? If not, check it out. I show you how to make three different styles, which you can then turn around to make hundreds (if you want hundreds of gloves!) It's a fabric craft of my own that I just made and would love to share with you.

Happy Crafting,
Kelsie Ann


No comments:

Post a Comment