Monday, October 1, 2012

Homemade Cards for Any Occasion

Receiving a card in the mail is one of those special moments that can really brighten someone's day.  Receiving a handcrafted card pushes the envelope even further (pun intended) by showing someone that you really care.  Taking time to make and send a homemade card is a timeless treasure made especially valuable during this instant message/texting/tweeting world we live in today.

That being said, here are some cards that my mom and I made for a local fundraiser.  Feel free to grab some inspiration from them.  Each set comes with a card and matching envelope:


Christmas/Winter
{That reindeer stamp is one of my very favorites- isn't it beautiful?!}


Halloween

{The spider was made sort of 3-D looking so it jumps right off the card.  Spooky!}


Love/Valentine's Day
{Loving the "lumpy bumpy" stuff on the card?  Learn how to make them in any design HERE}


Mother's Day
{You can make 3-D flowers like this yourself too!  Just check out this post for the how-to}


Father's Day
{I love how the "BEST" pops out from the card}


Birthday

{This was my first craft to use bakers twine and I loved it!  It looks like a little gift wrapped up, doesn't it?}


{MY FAVORITE} Good Luck
{I love the colors, the brackets, the birdcage on the envelope... I love it all!  Plus, "good luck" cards can be used for almost anything}


Your Turn!
Next time you want to show someone how special they are to you, forgo the tweet stating that #momrocks and get crafting!  I can promise that the gesture will be appreciated (and it's fun for you too!)

Happy Crafting,
Kelsie Ann

Link Love!  Linking up to the Craftaholics Anonymous Fall Frenzy Link Party and Every Day is an Occasion!

No comments:

Post a Comment