Saturday, July 21, 2012

Vamp up a Lamp

Hello again!  I am so sorry for the late absence on this blog.  I have made a vow to contribute my time to Cut, Craft, Create in a way that it deserves.  I'll start off slow, but hopefully will be creating daily posts in no time!

For my "comeback" post I decided to share with you a quick little fix I made to an adorable lamp shade.




I found this lamp shade at a garage sale for a quarter.  I absolutely LOVE the pattern, so dainty and girly... I had to have it!  It had some pet hair on it (simple fix- just clean it!) and a stain (easy fix as well!) but it also had a TEAR in the side...


I contemplated just turning it to the back and leaving it- after all, I would be the only one who knew. But, as you may very well know, it is hard for a crafter to leave such a simple job undone! So... I added some flowers.

I grabbed some spare fabric that I had and rolled it up loosely.  Then I twisted it into a simple rose shape.


You may sew it, glue it, heck safety pin it if you want- just as long as it stays rolled up. 

I also made a simple pointed "leaf" out of green fabric.  I may update this later with a more leafy shape, but for now this was perfect.  (I'll be honest, I was trying to get this all finished before supper)



I like the sort of imperfect look that the rough edges have, but I did cut off a few of the extra strings.

Lastly, I attached it to the lamp with a little hot glue.  A few dabs is all it takes...



... to fix a hole in a perfectly good lamp shade!

Now I can show this adorable lamp without fear that someone will see the big hole in the side!  The best part?  It took me less than 30 minutes from start to finish.  Quick, easy and cute- it's a triple threat!

Hope you enjoyed this post and will be coming back soon- I promise to have more crafts coming your way!

Sending my love,
Kelsie Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment